"Just for today I will give thanks for my many blessings."
Photograph by Sue Nordemo
What is Reiki?
Reiki, pronounced “ray-key” is a Japanese word meaning “Universal Life Force.” Reiki is a 2500 year old non-invasive holistic healing practice which produces a a profound sense of well being and self healing on a physical, emotional and spiritual level.
We all possess this universal energy and when it is diminished or blocked Reiki assists the body to come back to balance to restore a more natural state of health. The practitioner only acts as a conduit for this energy which will go to the area most needed.
Reiki will do no harm and is never to be used in place of any medical treatment or used to diagnose.
How may a Reiki Session Help?
• Reduces stress and tension
• Clear the mind for better decision making
• Manages physical discomforts both acute and chronic
• Excellent for before and after surgery ( the body relaxes and heals faster)
• Better understand yourself and your vision for the future
• Balances the energy systems
• Helps to gently release emotional blockages
• Gives hope and peace to many situations
A full session takes about one hour. The client lays fully clothed on a body work table or sitting in a chair depending on their comfort level. Relaxation music will be playing as the practitioner gently touches or holds the hands just above the body. The torso area is not touched and each hand position is held for 3 to 5 minutes and the Reiki energy will flow to the area needed.
REIKI CLASSESS ARE HELD FOR ALL THREE LEVELS
REIKI 1 one to two days depending how many are in the class
REIKI 2 one day
REIKI MASTER upon request
REIKI MASTER TEACHER upon request
Call or email for further information on sessions or class schedules. Contact hours for nurses and LNA’s are provided for both MA and NH.